Is it possible to create a positive workforce in negative times?
Yes, it is. And considering the very real, bottom-line results a positive culture creates, it’s a pretty darn good idea. But first you have to get real: About the problems you face. About how tough a job in healthcare really is. About the negative things you and your staff members do—c’mon, admit it!—to make it even tougher.
In this book, speaker, strategist, and consultant Liz Jazwiec, RN, gets real about all that and more. In her darkly humorous, ever-so-slightly sarcastic style—after all, she was an ER nurse—she explains how positive workplaces translate to better patient service, improved efficiencies, and lower employee turnover.
Readers will learn:
• Why hokeyness—in the form of giant smiley face cookies and no-negativity days—actually works
• How to decree and enforce “mandatory fun” so that it’s really, well, fun
• Guidelines for doing celebrations the right way
• How not to succumb to “process paralysis”
• Why victim thinking is so destructive and how to eliminate it from the organization
• How to stop judging shoe-heel smashers, pants unzippers, and other irritating patients
Funny, inspiring, and relatable, Eat That Cookie! is packed with realistic, down-to-earth tactics leaders can use right now to infuse positivity into their culture. Put them into practice and you’ll be amazed by the rapid improvements you see in your organization—in terms of energy, focus, productivity, and, yes, happiness.
Get your copy today:
About Liz Jazwiec
Liz Jazwiec, R.N. is a nationally renowned speaker, strategist and author who has shared her passion for leadership, engagement and service with audiences across the country. Many describe Liz’s presentations as uplifting, motivational and fun. Her combination of content and anecdotes make her thoughts and ideas memorable, while her humor and enthusiasm hold the attention of your audience.
Other Books by Liz